Even though there’s no snow falling as I type this, many area schools are closed tomorrow. So you might want to check out some of these fun ideas for after the snowman’s been built, the snowballs have been thrown, fingers, toes, and noses are cold and the kids are ready to be inside a bit. Time to arm yourself with ideas before the whining words “I’m bored” or “There’s nothing to do” have been heard. I’ve found a bunch of great snow day ideas for kids
Also, if you’re not a subscriber yet, sign up to receive Boston Living on the Cheap’s emails. Just one email a day, with all kinds of good stuff and deals!
Check out my list of fun snow day ideas for kids:
- 40 things to do with your kids to avoid cabin fever, by Laura Grace Weldon on GeekMom. She includes fun ideas (plus links for the how-to) like marshmallow shooters, flarp–kids will love this one!, magic tricks, and so much more.
- 36 Snow Day Activities from “Her View From Home” blog, hot chocolate magic, balloon marbles, and more.
- Boston Living on the Cheap’s 10 rainy day activities for kids–Snow, rain, makes no difference if you’re stuck in the house.
When the kids get ready to head back outside, check out these fun ideas:
- 7 Fun things to do in the snow with kids
- If there’s enough snow, you have to check out these types for making the Ultimate Snow Fort
- Best spots to sled in the Boston area
If the roads are clear, check out what local restaurants let kids eat FREE on snow days.