Whether you’ve been naughty or nice, diners can cross a stress-free meal off their wish list. A number of restaurant chains will be open Christmas Day. Here are some low-cost and moderate-price options. As always, we urge you to call ahead and confirm, as some independently-operated franchises opt to close on Christmas or limit their hours. We’ll continue to update the list and feel free to leave a comment if you know of a regional or national restaurant chain that will have its doors open on December 25.
- Applebee’s hours and locations will vary by location for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Call your local Applebee’s for more information.
- Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurants will open at 11 am Christmas Eve and Day for dine in or to go. Regular menu will be served. Celebratory Packages, Christmas Day Feasts and Holiday Feasts are also available for carryout.
- Country Buffet, Old Country Buffet, Hometown Buffet and Ryan’s: Open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at most locations. Traditional holiday menu with turkey, ham, roast beef and sides.
- IHOP: Open all day (24-hours restaurants will keep to schedule, hours may vary at other locations).
- Legal Sea Foods will be open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Hours vary by location so please call ahead. Reservations are recommended.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House will be open Christmas Day.
- Not in the mood for standard fare such as turkey or ham? Look to your neighborhood ethnic restaurants. Many Chinese and Indian spots are open on Christmas for lunch and/or dinner.
- Looking for a more formal dining experience? Check OpenTable. The online restaurant reservations site lists upscale restaurants (the kind that take reservations) open on Christmas Day. You can search by city.
Leave a Reply