You can get FREE admission to nearly 50 Massachusetts museums during the 12th annual Smithsonian Museum Day Live! on Sept. 24. More than a dozen are in the Boston-Cambridge area. To get started, visit the Museum Day site and fill out a form with some basic information. Then, your ticket will be e-mailed to you for printing. Each ticket is good for FREE admission for two people at a participating museum. The Museum Day ticket is good for two people per household, per address. Limit one ticket per household. If you’re planning on going as a group, consider registering for additional admit-two tickets through friends and family.
If you’ll be traveling, you can get FREE admission to more than 1,000 venues in all 50 states as well.
Local participating Museum Day Live locations include:
- Gibson House Museum
- Museum of African American History
- Nichols House Museum
- Old South Meeting House
- Otis House
- The Mary Baker Eddy Library
- The Paul S. Russell, MD Museum of Medical History and Innovation
- The Shirley-Eustis House
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy National Historic Site
- Harvard Museum of Natural History
- Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology
- USS Constitution Museum Smithsonian Affiliate Museums
If you like this, check out my list of free museum days/hours for Boston-area museums.