What FREE Microsoft Kids Camps are being offered this year?
- Get Creative with 3D in Windows 10 Camp (ages 8-12): The world we live in is multidimensional, so shouldn’t our art be as well? Students ages 8-12 will bring their imagination to life by learning new Paint 3D in Windows 10. This free four-part camp series offers a high-energy, collaborative environment for participants to fuel their creativity and learn key tools and features of 3D in Windows 10.
- Shoot, Edit & Share with PicsArt Camp (ages 13+): Increase your photo shooting and editing creativity with this free YouthSpark Camp. During this camp series, students ages 13 and older will learn how to use PicsArt, an interactive editing, drawing, and collage app. This app, which is available on Windows 10 devices, includes numerous photo-editing features, customizable filters, text options, a collage maker, and a camera. Learn how to transform photos into works of art with just the tip of your finger.
- Minecraft Build Challenge: Players will work in teams to create something epic before the clock runs out. Participants will be divided into two groups of 4 to work together and race against the clock. Each team will have to complete 3 challenges within a set time.
- Create Digital Art with Fresh Paint (ages 13+): Explore the freedom and power of creating original digital art with this free 2 hour camp on the Fresh Paint app for Windows 10. Students ages 13 and older will use an array of tools to create lifelike paintings, original drawings, collages, and so much more. They’ll take a tour of Fresh Paint basics, then explore more advanced skills like blending paint colors and layering mixed media to create their own unique works of art. Activities and experiences are a central part of the class, with opportunities to share artwork and to learn along with peers.
- Make Your Own Story with PowerPoint and Word (ages 6-8): In this free hands-on 2 hour camp, students ages 6 to 8 will learn how to create and tell a story using Microsoft PowerPoint and Word. They will explore using drawing tools, selecting and sizing images and icons, creating backgrounds and changing fonts. Activities will focus on learning through hands on guided experiences and collaborative learning in small groups.
- Creator’s Challenge: Using the power of Paint 3D and Remix 3D, participants will create a 3D design to meet the requirements for a specific challenge. They’ll work in teams of 2-3 to identify a problem and solve it using innovative technology.
- Kodu Makerspace (8-11 year olds): Kids will learn to code and build games in this beginner-level camp
- Learn to Code Flatverse (12 and older): Kids will build their own Flatverse game using TouchDevelop in this intermediate-level camp.
- Code and Create with Collage Me (ages 8-12): Learn how to code in this hands-on programming camp. During the free two-hour Camp, students ages 8 to 12 will work in a real software development environment, gaining experience with Touch Develop. Participants will use their creativity and imagination to develop a unique personal collage that can be shared with family and friends.
- Start your own Business (13 and older): This interactive camp offers entrepreneurial kids the knowledge, tools and support to make their business idea a reality.
- Minecraft Hour of Code (8 and older): Use kid-friendly programming to learn how creativity and problem solving come together to make something all their own.
- Kodu: Building Worlds (ages 8-12): In this field trip, students will learn to code with Kodu, a visual programming language made specifically for creating games. Students will build their own world in Kodu as they create a landscape, and elements like buildings, water, trees, and characters!
You can find details here. There are three Microsoft stores in the metro Boston area, Natick Mall, Burlington Mall, and the Prudential Center. The classes are FREE but you must RSVP ahead of time. Click here, enter your zip code, then choose your store of choice–the class schedule will pop up and you can select your class. Keep in mind, many of these camps are more than one day in a row, so be sure to sign up for the full camp. Classes are available in May, June, July, and August.