Check out and find the best one or ones for you. Go to as many as you’d like. Many of these classes are weather dependent or may not run on holidays or for other events, so if you’re unsure, check their websites, facebook pages, or twitter.
Boston Parks & Rec launches the 2016 Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield. The three-month series brings 21 free fitness classes per week to parks in 11 different neighborhoods across the city, aiming to activate these spaces while increasing opportunities for physical activity across all of Boston’s neighborhoods. There are morning and evening classes available. You can get class descriptions and park addresses here.
At Post Office Square there will be FREE exercise classes Monday – Friday in the morning and evening through September 2nd at Norman B. Leventhal Park. Classes include Zumba, bootcamp, yoga, and more. You can find the class descriptions here and the full calendar here.
Troops for Fitness is also running FREE classes all summer long. Troops for Fitness hires U.S. Military Veterans to run bootcamp-style fitness classes. These classes run most days of the week at morning, afternoon, and evening. There are yoga, kids classes, bootcamp and more. Note, this is usually year-round, but the current schedule is only for June.
- FREE Yoga at the Frog Pond runs every Thursday from 6:00 to 7:15 pm through September 1st. Bring your own mat, towel or blanket.
- Yoga at Assembly Row runs every Saturday at 9:00 am through September. Registration is required and begins at noon each preceding Friday. Day of registration will be available only if space permits. Bring your own mat, towel or blanket.
- Salsa in the Park at the Blackstone Community Center courtyard every Monday from 6:00 to 9:00 pm.
- Yoga in the Park at Blackstone Square Park on Saturdays from 11:00 am to noon through July 23. Bring your own mat, towel or blanket.
- Yoga on the Green at the Street in Chestnut Hill every Sunday from 10:00 to 11:00 am through September 11
- Street Sweat: Pilates & Sculpt at the Street in Chestnut Hill every Wednesday at 10:00 am through September 14
- Street Sweat: Strollfit at the Street in Chestnut Hill every Thursday at 9:30 am through September 15
- Street Sweat: Kickboxing at the Street in Chestnut Hill every Saturday at 10:00 am and every Tuesday at 7:00 pm through September 17
- Healthy, Fit & Fun on the Esplanade on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings beginning July 12 through early September. Registration is required.
- Tuesdays: Zumba at the Hatch Shell at 6:00 pm
- Wednesdays: Sunset Yoga at the Fielder Field (must bring a mat) at 6:00 pm
- Wednesdays: Run Club: Wednesdays at 671 Boylston Street at 6:30 pm
- Thursdays: Cross Fit at Fielder Field at 6:00 pm
If you’re a runner, check out these FREE run clubs throughout the metro Boston area.