Enjoy the nation’s largest 4th of July festival at the 35th annual Boston Harborfest. There are more than 100 activities spanning over 4 days at many of Boston’s best landmarks. The family-friendly celebration is full of all kinds of activities including the annual opening ceremony at Faneuil Hall, historical reenactments, Freedom Trail walks, Boston Duck Tours, live entertainment and so much more!
Throughout the 4 day weekend event there will be more than 100 activities going on throughout Boston. Some daily highlights include:
- Friday: Opening Ceremony at noon with the 215th Army Band and a giant cake
- Friday: Welcome the US Navy’s USS Mesa Verde to the North Jetty in the Seaport
- Friday Evening: Live music and a FREE screening of Yankee Doodle Dandy with James Cagney at Christopher Columbus Park
- Saturday: The Arts at Harborfest where local artists will display and sell their art, under the trellis at Christopher Columbus Park.
- Saturday Evening: Sailors decorate their boats and light up the Inner Harbor accompanied by live music on Long Wharf leading up to a fireworks display over Boston’s Inner Harbor.
- Sunday: Taste of Harborfest when restaurants along the waterfront will showcase and sell their culinary creations.
- Monday: Queen Mary 2 sails into Boston at noon on Monday, July 4th, docking overnight for the fireworks and setting sail again on July 5.
You can find the complete schedule here.
Leave a Reply