Spring is here. That means flowers and showers, AND school April vacation. The kids are raring to go. The parents, well…. Of course it’ll be fun to be able to spend some more time with your kids if you can, but it’d also be nice to have some fun (and affordable) events and activities to keep them busy throughout the week.
I’ve compiled this list of all kinds of festivals, workshops, FREE weeks, events, crafts, and so much more. If you know of something I missed, please let me know.
- FREE Outdoor Rx events–(April 16-23) This great group, a part of the Appalachian Mountain Club, is all about getting kids outdoors and active. They regularly host FREE events but this week they’ve got hikes, Earth Day activities, and indoor rock climbing events planned. The events are in and around Boston and some are offered on multiple days and multiple locations. They will be dependent on the weather, so be sure to check the calendar before heading out to be sure the event is still on.
- Cambridge Science Festival–(April 14-23) Celebrate with science fun at the 10 day Cambridge Science festival.
- Fairy Home Building Workshop–(April 20) Help your kids create a beautiful, all-natural fairy home for our local fairies and elves.
- FIRE & ICE Kids Eat FREE–(April 17-21) There will be a special Kid Zone set up to help kids feed their fun and create a delicious meal all on their own! (Not yet confirmed, but usually do every year)
- Kids Dip (Eat) FREE at Melting Pot–Framingham location (April 17-22) Burlington (April 17-21 and April 24-28)
- FREE All Girl Sports Festival–(April 18-21)
- Paul Revere House activities–(April 18-21) Get a taste of colonial Boston–chat with Paul Revere, write with quill pens, learn colonial games, and more. Price varies from FREE to $4.50. Registration required for some events.
- Lego MiniFigure Swap (April 17)
- Kids Eat FREE at Unos–(April 17-21) (Not yet confirmed, but usually do every year)
I’ll post more as I find them, so check back.
Lots of area museums offer FREE admission on certain days/times. Check out which ones you can enjoy this week but be sure to call first to make sure the deal is valid during school vacation week.
If you’re looking for some down time, here are some indoor activities to keep the kids busy.
If you want to take a night (or two) off from cooking, check out when and where Kids Eat FREE