Here’s the scoop on the Boston Museum of Fine Art party:
- November 4, 2016 from 9:00 pm to 9:00 am
- Enter at the Linde Family Wing for Contemporary Art
- There will be food trucks to purchase food and drinks, live music and DJs, lectures, artist demonstrations, performance art, and more.
- Free entry ends at 9 am, but if you’re already here, stay and enjoy the day at the MFA.
While the FREE entrance begins at 9:00 pm, if you’re more of an early bird, feel free to stop by in the early hours for coffee or bring your kids for art making and story hour.
This is a first come, first served event, with no advance tickets. Wristbands will be distributed upon entry, must be worn at all times during the event, and are required for re-entry.
Guests of all ages are welcome to this all-nighter at the Boston MFA. Valid ID with proof of age is required to purchase alcohol for those 21 and older.
If you like this event, you might like to check out when other Boston museums have FREE days or hours.
Check out what you can do and see at the overnight party at the Boston MFA:
- UH-OH: Frances Stark 1991–2015
Levels 1 and 2, Multiple locations
- “Political Intent” and “Beyond Limits”
Level 1, Gallery 158
- Imogen Cunningham: In Focus
Level 1, Gallery 169
- Terry Winters: The Structure of Things
Level 1, Gallery 170
- Christian Marclay: The Clock
Level 2, Gallery 259
DJ YVNG PAVL and special guests
- 9 pm–4 am | Level 1, Gallery 168
DJ Big Bear, YVNG PAVL, Zephyr Ann, Native Sun, and Brek.One
- 12–4 am | Level 2, Bravo
DJ ABD, Nu, and Kon 1200
9:15–10:15 pm | Level 2, Bravo
Food and Drink (Available for purchase)
- Food Trucks
8 pm and on | Linde Family Wing parking lot
Bonetown Burgers, Indulge India, North East of the Border, Sheherazad
- Moonlight Bar
9 pm–2 am | Level G, Garden Cafeteria
Draft beer, wine, water.
9 pm–2 am | Level 2
Beer and wine. Water available until 4 am.
- Taste Café
9 pm–9 am | Level 1
Coffee, tea, soft drinks, and snacks all night. Wine and beer until 2 am.
- Late Night Snacks
11:30 pm–4:30 am | Level G, Garden Cafeteria
$2 pizza slices, energy drinks, and water.
7–10 am | Level G, Garden Cafeteria
Events and Activities
8 pm–6 am | Outside, Linde Family Wing parking lot
- Late-Night Run (around the Museum) with Heartbreak Hill Running Company
9 pm | Outside, Meet at Linde Family Wing Entrance
- 24 Hours in Boston: An Art-Making Collaboration Exploration
9 pm–1 am | Level 1, Rooms 159 and 160
Get inspired by Christian Marclay’s The Clock, then add a “clip” from your own 24-hour day to our massive mixed-media drawing collaboration.
- Drawing After Dark
9 pm–1 am | Level 1, Gallery 171
Engage your artistic side. Drop in and sketch from live models and the collection.
- Live Mural Making by Cyrille Conan
9 pm–4 am | Level 1, Gallery 168
- Interwebs hosted by MIT’s Hacking Arts
9 pm–3 am | Level G, G86
- Trust (the presence of secrets) with Harvard MetaLab
9 pm–10 am | Level G, Garden Cafeteria; Level 1, Gallery 163; and Level 2, Gallery 265
- Spotlight Talks
15-minute talks about an artwork on view
- Clever/Stupid | Making art in the face of insecurity
9:30 and 10:30 pm | Level 2, Gallery 260
- My Best Thing | Dive into this video with Liz Munsell, Assistant Curator of Contemporary Art and Special Initiatives. Position supported by Lorraine Bressler.
9:45 pm | Level 2, Gallery 263
- Why should you not be able to assemble yourself and write?
10 and 11 pm | Level 2, Gallery 263
- Bobby Jesus’ Alma Mater | Dive into this video with Liz Munsell, Assistant Curator of Contemporary Art and Special Initiatives. Position supported by Lorraine Bressler.
10:45 pm | Level 1, Gallery 156
- Now Speak! In Your Own Words hosted by Epicenter Community
9:30–11 pm | Level 1, Gallery 158
- Discussion on 2016 with Boston Globe politics reporter James Pindell hosted by the Boston Globe
11 pm–Midnight | Remis Auditorium
- Chief Chat hosted by SPARK Boston
Midnight–1 am | Level 1, Gallery 158
- Film: A Scanner Darkly (2006)
1 am | Level 1, Remis Auditorium
- The Great Debate hosted by Tory Bullock
1:30–2:30 am | Level 1, Gallery 158
- Messy Mornings
7–10 am | Level 1, Rooms 159 and 160
Join us bright and early to explore line! Drop into the Druker Family Pavilion to have an exploratory art making experience. Listen to music, get messy, and play with art-making materials.
- Story Hour
9–10 am | Level 1, Gallery 170
Stop by and listen to stories about lovely lines. Stay for one story or the entire hour.
- Family Art Walk
8:30–9 am | Level 1, Meet in Gallery 168
Go on a family art walk and take a closer look at highlights from the Museum’s collection.