Do you hate that feeling that you’ve paid to much for something. You can say goodbye to shoppers guilt once and for all. Here are the best price comparison apps as decided by the always budget-savvy Shop Smart magazine.
- Price Check by Amazon lets users scan a product’s bar code, snap a photo, or say its name to see whether Amazon sells it for a lower price. It also supports – and encourages – users to share in-store prices, so other customers can benefit from Amazon’s willingness to undercut other retailers. Works on: Android and Apple.
- RedLaser was one of the first price comparison apps and is still the gold standard. Users can now find deals and coupons for retailers, store digital versions of loyalty cards, and make purchases directly in the app if they see a cheaper price elsewhere. Works on: Android, Apple, Blackberry, and Windows.
- ScanLife allows users to price compare with ease and share prices with fellow scanners. The app has a live feed that shows prices others have scanned. Works on: Android, Apple, Blackberry, and Windows.
- ShopSavvy is a granddaddy price-comparison app that now features user reviews, product videos, enhanced purchasing tools and the ability to add prices for local stores and new products. Works on: Android, Apple, and Windows.
- Smoopa is all about sharing prices users find. Stores are graded by how often they return the lowest prices among Smoopa users. Those who stumble upon an in-store price that beats competitors and makes the purchase receive a reward redeemable via PayPal, gift cards for stores such as Amazon and Walmart or a charity donation.Works on: Android and Apple.